- Length: 39:00 minutes (8.95 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 32Kbps (VBR)
This is a jam-packed thirty-nine minutes, where we explore the power of tagging, teachers using tumblogs, mathcasts, VoiceThreads in health, speech, history, math, music, technology, and EFL classes. Join Paul Allison, Lee Baber, Susan Ettenheim, and VoiceThread's Ben Papell (Yes, he's a "regular" by now), as they welcome these fresh voices, fresh at least to us at Teachers Teaching Teachers:
Carla Raguseo and Carla Arena talk to us about their 6-week class with the Electronic Village Online, "Blogging for Educators:"
- Carla Raguseo, an EFL teacher and Computer Lab coordinator at A.R.I.C.A.N.A., a Binational Center in Rosario, Argentina
- Carla Arena, a Brazilian EFL teacher, teacher trainer and site content manager at A Binational Center in Brasilia, but she's on a leave right now.
- Jeremy Brown, a Special Education Teacher at the Medow Hall Elementary School in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Judi Epcke, a teacher and Technology Integration Specialist in Northbrook, Illinois
- Tim Fahlberg, founder of Mathcasts, after 11 years as a math teacher.
(from a twitter conversation)
* J. Epcke: How would you describe our tumblr group to other teachers?
* J. Brown: tumbl'n teachers is like a digital bulletin board, where educators interested in the use of technology in the classroom can post resources as well as ideas or examples of how they integrate technology.
* J. Brown: I discovered tumblr through my del.icio.us network. While exploring the tool, I came across the Groups feature and thought I would try it. So, I created a group and then started inviting other educators on twitter.
* J. Epcke: How can someone join?
* J. Brown: Anyone can join by either sending an e-mail to techieteacher+tumblr[at]gmail or DT on twitter (techieteacher).
Tim Fahlberg, discusses his passion for Mathcasts. What's a Mathcast?
Good question! Mathcasts are screencasts (screen movies) of writing with voice that focus on mathematics. It’s easier to understand what mathcasts are all about if you experience one or more of them: Here’s a mathcast by Colleen King, math teacher and creator of Math Playground?. It’s part of the K-7 Mathcasts 500 Project (500+ mathcasts for Kindergarten - 7th grade math) on our Math247 wiki.