49:55 minutes (16.43 MB)
Richard Beach, Liz Boesler, and Candance Doerr-Stevens were our guests on this episode of Teachers Teaching Teachers:
- Richard Beach is a professor of English education at the University of Minnesota, where he teaches and conducts research on media literacy methods, digital writing and identity construction. Richard recently published a new book, Teaching Writing Using Blogs, Wikis, and other Digital Tools
- Elizabeth (“Liz”) Boeser is an English/language arts teacher, Jefferson High School, Bloomington, MN, a teacher featured in Teaching Writing Using Blogs, Wikis, and other Digital Tools who conducted the online role-play activities.
- Candance Doerr-Stevens is a former English teacher, and current graduate student at the University of Minnesota. Candance is also a staff member at the Minnesota Writing Project, and she is studying online role-play with Richard.
Want more? Here are several more links about our guests:
- Liz Boeser’s current Spring, 2009 courses
- Examples of the online role-play:
- Resource wiki created for Montana, 1948: http://jhscollegewritingmontana.pbwiki.com/
- Censorship role-play http://schooledthewriteway.blogspot.com/
- NCTE 2008 presentation, San Antonio VoiceThread: http://voicethread.com/#u11815.b338247.i1791441
- K-12 Online Conference 2008 presentation http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=326
Please enjoy the podcast.
Click Read more to see a transcript of a chat that was happening during the webcast.