53:01 minutes (12.13 MB)
We had a great discussion with James Sigler
1. James Sigler shared his background and how he started video-conferencing, including some pertinent points
- It involved serendipity and a willingness to try something new, rather than a technology plan...
2. Why do it?
- Our guest and host shared about the learning connections they've made, and students make using this
- We discussed the standards, like NETS Communication and Collaboration and looking on how our students are communicating with authentic audiences.
4. The It's Elementary team share their experiences
5. And shared barriers to effective implementation or sustainability, blocking and coordinating schedule/time zones came up as the big issues.
We then threw it open and had the audience join in.
Our Next show will be on Monday June 9th, Year in Review. What were your sucesses and challanges? What are your plans for 2008-09? Visit our Blog at http://itselementary.edublogs.org