New Show, SEEDLINGS, now at EDTECHTALK
For the past year, SEEDLINGS has shown up as Alice Barr's webcast academy project. We are ready to move forward to a more consistent time slot. We have talked to Lisa Paresi about webcasting alternate Thurs. when she is not producing her Thur. show. The time slot we are requesting is Thurs. 7:30-8:30 EST, just before Doug's show!! Here is our information.
- What is your show concept? The show is SEEDLINGS,which is a show by teachers for teachers. The premise of the show is to provide online conversations with purpose. We have a focus for each show, share our GEEK of the week, sometimes chat with a guest, and fun while learning! We have been involved with this show for the past ..... months. We have had periodic shows with Alice Barr streaming as part of webcastacademy, but would like for formalize this with Alice and Cheryl sharing the streaming. If you would like to listen to a sample, go to Bob Sprankle's page. There are other samples here as well.
3. How often do you plan to broadcast? We plan to broadcast weekly throughout the school year, North American school year.
4. Why do you want your show to be an EdTechTalk show, rather than hosting it on your own or using a different network? We want to remain with this community because this community has given so much to us, and we want to give back to this community. We do like the interactive chat room that EdTechTalk has available.
5. How does your show fit in to the EdTechTalk community? What will it contribute? What do you hope to gain from participation in the community? This show is a non profit show, and would complement the offerings in the edtechtalk channel. We plan to produce shows of interest to K-12 educators about 21st Century Literacy tools with many ideas that will fit in a classroom around content and literacy standards.
6. What kind of support would you need to get started? We would need a
time to stream the show, up to date passwords and such.