- Length: 59:46 minutes (54.72 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (VBR)
Find out more:
Saturday, October 13: Join the Classroom 2.0 LIVE Community for a webinar preview of the 2012 K-12 Online Conference. Organizers will discuss what’s new in this year’s conference, “Learn, Share and Remix.” Get a taste of the presentations coming in our strands this year, Getting Started, Visioning New Curriculum, Kicking It Up a Notch and Student Voices. Also learn about our dynamic pre-conference keynote presentation, to be shared by Kevin Honeycutt. The homepage of Classroom 2.0 LIVE (http://live.classroom20.com) will have the direct Blackboard Collaborate links the week prior to this show.
The 2012 K-12 Online Conference is coming to a computer near you soon! This year’s FREE online conference will take place the weeks of Oct 22 – 25 and Oct 29 – Nov. 2, with a pre-conference keynote by Kevin Honeycutt on October 15th. The 2012 theme is, “Learn, Share, Remix.”
The organizer team for this year’s conference selected “Learn, Share, Remix” for our theme because it embodies many of the ACTIONS we can model as 21st century teachers and students. We all want to model lifelong learning. Our digital connections afford us amazing opportunities to SHARE what we are learning along the way. REMIXING is the process taking knowledge and using it in creative and innovative ways. Remixers build on the work of others. REMIXING can also include transforming the ways we teach and learn. In each strand of our conference this year, we hope presenters will explore and model ways we can learn, share and remix our professional development.
As we have in the past six years since K12Online started in 2006, our conference will continue to be primarily asynchronous, offering downloadable videos for participants to view at any time. We will also host several live events during this year’s conference. All conference dates will be listed on our 2012 Schedule. http://k12onlineconference.org/?page_id=1046
- Gail Desler and Natalie Bernasconi will keynote our “Getting Started” strand, one of two strands to be shared the first full week of our conference October 22 – 25.
- Karen Fasimpaur will keynote our second strand for week one of our 2012 conference, “Visioning New Curriculum.” This is a new and exciting strand for K-12 Online this year.
- Mathew Needleman will keynote the “Kicking It Up a Notch” strand of our 2012 conference in week two, which will run Oct 29 – Nov 2.
- Tiana Kadkhoda, aka “Paul,” from Mathtrain.TV will keynote our “Student Voices” strand during week 2 of our 2012 conference.
Announcing K12Online12 Keynoters, Conference Flyer and Hashtag (#k12online12)
Announcing K12Online12 Presenters
Volunteers for both small and large tasks are still needed before, during and after the conference. View our volunteer brainstorming notes to see if there is something you might be able to help with.
October 15th, pre-conference keynote presentation by Kevin Honeycutt. Strands for 2012 are:
- Week of Oct 22 – 25: Getting Started and Visioning New Curriculum
- Week of Oct 29 – Nov. 2: Kicking It Up a Notch and Student Voices
Click Read more to see the chat that was happening during this live webcast.