Webcast Discussion with Stephen Downes and Mike King of IBM
November 27, 2006
This is a late breaking announcement for a discussion we will be webcasting today between Stephen Downes and Mike King (Director, IBM Global Education Industry ). The show will begin today (Nov. 27) at 1pmPST/4pmEST/9pmGMT (global times) and topics will include:
- IBM as a consulting company - what that means
- IBM's attitude toward open source - how does it view other players - Sun, Novell
- The IBM patent portfolio - does IBM risk being a patent troll - the SCO lawsuit - progress
- IBM in e-learning specifically - Lotus, Domino - still in the game?
- IBM and the Blackboard patent - company position - message?
- Toward the development of open educational resources? Tools - services - product?